The Impossibility of Being an Apple is a film
not-just-to-be-watched, a live game between screen
and audience where performers become viewers,
viewers, performers and nobody becomes an apple.
The viewers are provided with an apple when entering
the screening space. The film will invite them to
perform different tasks with it and with the other
persons around them: to touch, to smell, to
Combining animation, choreography and performance for
camera with tasks for the audience, the film
transforms its own screening into a playful live
event and the cinema space into a performative site,
activating the live context of watching.
The Impossibility of Being an Apple is also
a bizarre story about impossible transformations, the
possibility of changing and the impossibility of
being someone else. An invitation to play and to
enjoy the beauty of the simplest acts of life.
• Ilusión y Realidad, Fundación Antonio Saura
(Cuenca, Spain, 2010-11)
• Laboratorio de Arte Joven del Instituto de la
Juventud de Murcia (Murcia, Spain, 2010)
• Instituto Riojano de la Juventud (Logroño, Spain,
• Dance:Film (Dance Base, Edinburgh, 2010)
• At Play 2 (South Hill Park, 2010)
• Sala Borron (Oviedo, Spain, 2010)
• Palacio de Medrano (Ciudad Real, Spain, 2010)
• Factory (Phoenix Arts, Brighton, 2010)
• The Ausform Performative Screen (Bristol, 2010)
• Sala de Exposiciones Unamuno (Salamanca, Spain,
• Cinecity Festival (Brighton, 2009)
• The Scientist International Videoart Festival
(Ferrara, Italy, 2009)
• BAC Graduates Festival (London, 2009)
• National Review of Live Art - Elevator (Glasgow,
• Final Cut Film of the Year Show (Brighton,
• EDIT International Dance Film Festival – British
Films selection (Budapest, 2009)
• Il Coreografo Elettronico, Napolidanza (Naples,
• ACT International Festival (Bilbao, Spain, 2009)
• EmergeAndSee Film Festival (Berlin, 2009)
• Dance for Camera Festival “Experimental
Perspectives” (South East Dance, Brighton, 2008).
• Beyond Film Festival, (Durham, 2008).
• The Supper Club, The Basement, (Brighton 2008).
• ACTART6, (London, 2008).
• Lighthouse Univille, (Brighton, 2008).
'First Prize for Performance and New
Tendencies' in theYoung Artists
Awards2009, Junta de Castilla y Leon
Impossibility of Being an Apple was charming and
unpretentious stuff; our participation as an audience
unthreatening. I came away feeling beguiled and light
in my heart”.(Sarah Bryant, “A Personal
Introduction to Performance Art")
“Once every so often a film is submitted that defies